How to find planegap for DetectorProperties::Efield
I see that (in v05_00_02) the E-field returned by DetectorProperties depends on the "planegap":
double Efield(unsigned int planegap=0) const = 0; ///< kV/cm
How can I retrieve the planegap index for a given TPC or space point?
#1 Updated by Gianluca Petrillo over 4 years ago
- Category set to Geometry
- Status changed from New to Feedback
I don't understand the question.
planegap is an index that describes a part of the drift volume.
The only well-defined volume is currently for
planegap = 0, and that is the large drift volume between the first (induction) plane, plane 0, and the cathode. I have just pushed some documentation about that, since there was (surprise, surprise) none.
With the exception of ArgoNeuT/LArIAT, it's also true that planegap
N represents the volume near readout wire plane
N, cathode side.
Assumptions: all TPC have the same field values.About your questions:
- TPC: I don't understand the question
- space point: are you asking how to detect in which drift subvolume (or plane gap) a 3D point is? I am not aware of any facility to do that, but I think that if there is none, it could be added in the geometry service.
#4 Updated by Gianluca Petrillo over 4 years ago
- Assignee set to Gianluca Petrillo
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Glad it helped, and I hope the new documentation will help for future instances.
As a side note,
0 is the default value, so to get the electric field module in the large drift volume, calling
Efield() with no arguments is enough.