Project

General

Profile

Bug #11357

Event display crash for sbnd

Added by Hector Mendez almost 4 years ago. Updated about 3 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Normal
Category:
Event Display
Target version:
Start date:
01/06/2016
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
12.00 h
Spent time:
Occurs In:
Experiment:
SBND
Co-Assignees:
Duration:

Description

lar -c evd_lar1nd.fcl gen_10evts_single_0deg_100x_100y_10z_0sig_tst06.root

then the message:

Begin processing the 1st record. run: 1 subRun: 0 event: 1 at 06-Jan-2016 15:33:35 CST
%MSG-w InfoTransfer: PostSource 06-Jan-2016 15:33:35 CST run: 1 subRun: 0 event: 1
failed to get handle to std::vector<recob::Hit> from ffthit
%MSG
TimeModule> run: 1 subRun: 0 event: 1 evdisp EVD 3.09944e-05
TimeEvent> run: 1 subRun: 0 event: 1 0.000620842

MCTruth Ptcl trackID PDG P T Moth Process
0 0 -1 #mu 5999 5895 -1 primary
Note: Momentum, P, and kinetic energy, T, in MeV/c
terminate called without an active exception
Aborted

I'm using larsoft v05_00_00_rc1 and my data is at:

/lar1nd/app/users/mendez/myTest/GenRec

My working are is at:
/lar1nd/app/users/mendez/larsoft_v05_00_00_rc1

I created the gen file running:
source runAll_txt.sh gen at /lar1nd/app/mendez/myTest

My setup is at: /lar1nd/app/mendez/setup_lar.sh

History

#1 Updated by Lynn Garren almost 4 years ago

Thank you for being the first person to test our release candidate!

#2 Updated by Gianluca Petrillo almost 4 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Assigned
  • Assignee set to Gianluca Petrillo

#3 Updated by Gianluca Petrillo almost 4 years ago

Could you push in a branch the changes to lar1ndcode that are not included in the official branch?

I went as far as getting a:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'cet::coded_exception<art::errors::ErrorCodes, &art::ExceptionDetail::translate>'
  what():  ---- ServiceNotFound BEGIN
  Service  unable to find requested service with compiler type name 'lariov::ChannelStatusService'.
---- ServiceNotFound END

that we had already solved.

#4 Updated by Gianluca Petrillo almost 4 years ago

  • Target version set to v05_00_00
  • % Done changed from 0 to 40
  • Estimated time set to 12.00 h

Hector has pushed the changes I asked into branch hmendez_bugsfixed of lar1ndcode.

I can't reproduce the exact problem, but I do find that SBND code is still behind in the update to a modern LArSoft (even 4.30).
I have updated some of the configuration, my changes pushed in the same branch.

I can now see the display.
TPC 0 is completely empty, TPC 1 shows activity only in collection plane.
Next is to check if there are non-empty raw digits for induction planes.
It might be a problem with pedestals. Or not.

I would also like to add geometry tests, that include a channel-to-wire mapping dump that would turn useful.

Hector, please try it again if you have time. At the very least, you should see the event display window show.

#5 Updated by Gianluca Petrillo almost 4 years ago

  • Status changed from Assigned to Resolved

The problem described in the ticket is solved: SBND event display now shows up on screen and there are no issues attributed to the event display.
The fixes are in Hector Mendez's dunetpc branch hmendez_bugsfixed.

Problems persist, related to the signal simulation on the wires. But that's another problem completely.

#6 Updated by Gianluca Petrillo almost 4 years ago

  • % Done changed from 40 to 100

#7 Updated by Gianluca Petrillo almost 4 years ago

  • Experiment SBND added
  • Experiment deleted (-)

(we have a new "SBND experiment" options! thank you Marc)

#8 Updated by Gianluca Petrillo about 3 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed


Also available in: Atom PDF