BOOST_LIB not properly defined in boost v1_57_0a
I did a pull products for art suite v1_17_02, for the mu distribution. Then I did
setup boost v1_57_0a -qe9:prof
Note that the definition of BOOST_LIB is missing the FQ part. Note too that the env variable
BOOST_FQ is NOT defined.
The last version of art that Mu2e used was v1_15_00. For the record, in that version these variables are defined as:
Mu2e has an easy workaround.
Please let us know if this is a bug or if it is a change in policy to which we need to adapt.
#1 Updated by Lynn Garren almost 5 years ago
- Subject changed from BOOST_LIB not properly define in art v1_17_02 to BOOST_LIB not properly define boost v1_57_0a
- Status changed from New to Assigned
- Assignee set to Lynn Garren
- % Done changed from 0 to 40
The problem is specific to boost v1_57_0a, not to any art release. The table file in the source code tarball is now fixed. cetbuildtools also uses BOOST_LIB, so it's a bit unclear why this problem was not seen earlier.
#2 Updated by Lynn Garren almost 5 years ago
- Subject changed from BOOST_LIB not properly define boost v1_57_0a to BOOST_LIB not properly defined in boost v1_57_0a
- Status changed from Assigned to Resolved
The boost v1_57_0a tarballs have been rebuilt with the fixed table file.
We have been cleaning up the table files to remove the unneccessary _FQ variable. Only BOOST_FQ_DIR needs to be defined. BOOST_FQ was superfluous.