Project

General

Profile

Bug #10628

BOOST_LIB not properly defined in boost v1_57_0a

Added by Rob Kutschke almost 5 years ago. Updated almost 5 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
Category:
-
Target version:
-
Start date:
10/24/2015
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
Spent time:
Occurs In:
Scope:
Internal
Experiment:
Mu2e
SSI Package:
Duration:

Description

I did a pull products for art suite v1_17_02, for the mu distribution. Then I did

setup boost v1_57_0a -qe9:prof

After this
BOOST_LIB=/home/kutschke/products/boost/v1_57_0a//lib
BOOST_FQ_DIR=/home/kutschke/products/boost/v1_57_0a/Linux64bit+2.6-2.12-e9-prof

Note that the definition of BOOST_LIB is missing the FQ part. Note too that the env variable

BOOST_FQ is NOT defined.

The last version of art that Mu2e used was v1_15_00. For the record, in that version these variables are defined as:

BOOST_LIB=/cvmfs/mu2e.opensciencegrid.org/artexternals/boost/v1_57_0/Linux64bit+2.6-2.12-e7-prof/lib
BOOST_FQ_DIR=/cvmfs/mu2e.opensciencegrid.org/artexternals/boost/v1_57_0/Linux64bit+2.6-2.12-e7-prof
BOOST_FQ=Linux64bit+2.6-2.12-e7-prof

Mu2e has an easy workaround.

Please let us know if this is a bug or if it is a change in policy to which we need to adapt.

History

#1 Updated by Lynn Garren almost 5 years ago

  • Subject changed from BOOST_LIB not properly define in art v1_17_02 to BOOST_LIB not properly define boost v1_57_0a
  • Status changed from New to Assigned
  • Assignee set to Lynn Garren
  • % Done changed from 0 to 40

The problem is specific to boost v1_57_0a, not to any art release. The table file in the source code tarball is now fixed. cetbuildtools also uses BOOST_LIB, so it's a bit unclear why this problem was not seen earlier.

#2 Updated by Lynn Garren almost 5 years ago

  • Subject changed from BOOST_LIB not properly define boost v1_57_0a to BOOST_LIB not properly defined in boost v1_57_0a
  • Status changed from Assigned to Resolved

The boost v1_57_0a tarballs have been rebuilt with the fixed table file.

We have been cleaning up the table files to remove the unneccessary _FQ variable. Only BOOST_FQ_DIR needs to be defined. BOOST_FQ was superfluous.

#3 Updated by Lynn Garren almost 5 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed
  • % Done changed from 40 to 100


Also available in: Atom PDF