Kurt's notes on issues, October 2015
To help me keep track of the issues that I've seen, heard about, and thought of, I want to write them down in this Issue. Of course, it might be good to create individual Issues for each topic, but I'm not sure if everyone would be open to that option.Observed errors:
- "failed to connect" complaints from artdaq processes when the msgviewer is not running (should have better log message, and maybe shouldn't be error)
- "unsufficient buffers" errors from RCE readout code at end-run, most often when there is persistent backpressure
- synchronizing the data across the detector (RCEs and SSPs) at begin-run and end-run
- automatically closing data files after they reach a configurable size, number of events, or duration
#2 Updated by Kurt Biery about 5 years ago
- It would be nice to be able to select a new configuration in the Ready start and run "init" from there (at least from the user perspective).
- why do we get "Unknown exception '<Fault 1: "<class 'psycopg2.InternalError'>:current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block\n">'" sometimes when we run lbnecmd commands?